Friday 29 May 2009

What a day ---- true friends

What a day it's been today. I'm on tour at the moment in Aberdeen with that mad woman Amanda. Today I had to travel four hours back to my old home town to give evidence in a case which was particularly harrowing. Suffice to say I was not looking forward to it at all. In some cases there are ladies/friends who would wave you off at the door and say " All the best, text me and let me know how it goes".

Not my Highland Harlot pal. She took the day off and we shared the driving. It was a four hour drive each way, so we took it in shifts of two hours each whilst the other was on phone/coffee/snacks duty, LOL. She waited outside the courtroom whilst I went in and said my piece and we headed off for lunch before returning to Aberdeen.

We are both absolutely exhausted and ready to tumble into bed.

It's true what they say, you soon find out who your friends are when you really need them.

So, Amanda and I have extended our tour a wee bit and are now going to stay here for Saturday too. The forecast for tomorrow is for a heatwave so we are going to take our phones and lie out in the sun on a blanket, heaven.

Alfresco lunch and gales of laughter with a person equally unhinged, if not more so than me, you couldn't plan it if you tried. :)

Night,

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.